General Medical Licensure Questions

Discuss about issues related to Medical licensing and specific requirements of all 50 State medical boards. Should one use the FCVS or not? Share tips and tricks to speed up the process of getting a medical license.

can we practice in usa with only fellowship

Postby hrudaya » 07 Nov 2006, 08:33

if we do residency in home country and then fellowship from usa hospitals, are we elligible to practice in usa.
hrudaya
0 Star Member
0 Star Member

Using Search function

Postby plabforu » 05 Jan 2007, 10:08

Using search feature:

To search articles or messages in this forum, click on the search button at the top of this page (any page- 5 th line from the top). Then enter your search subject (one or more words).

Search Link: http://www.residencyforum.com/search.php

This will save you time. It will search through the over 4000 messages in this forum and get you the relevant messages/posts.

GL in your search.
plabforu
Site Admin

MD License with none ACGME accrideted Training

Postby MMH » 08 Jun 2007, 09:46

Hello:
There many IMGs who come and do 2-3 years of clinical Fellowship, whitch is not ACGME accredited.
Does any body now in whitch state we can get license.
Can we get a job then?????
MMH
0 Star Member
0 Star Member

Using search feature

Postby plabforu » 05 Apr 2008, 12:06

Using search feature:

To search articles or messages in this forum, click on the search button at the top of this page (any page- 5 th line from the top). Then enter your search subject (one or more words).

Search Link: http://www.residencyforum.com/search.php

This will save you time. It will search through the over 4000 messages in this forum and get you the relevant messages/posts.

GL in your search.
plabforu
Site Admin

Re: MD License with none ACGME accrideted Training

Postby Reddy999 » 08 Jul 2008, 13:39

[quote="MMH"]Hello:
There many IMGs who come and do 2-3 years of clinical Fellowship, whitch is not ACGME accredited.
Does any body now in whitch state we can get license.
Can we get a job then?????[/quote]

Non-ACGME accredited fellowships are mainly to improve skills and go back to the country you came from and become an expert, basically. They are not recognized for board exam purposes, but count as years of PostGraduate experience.
Reddy999
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

Re: General Medical Licensure Questions

Postby plabforu » 13 Dec 2008, 09:39

Search for specific programs, not specific states. Do a google search as they keep changing frequently
plabforu
Site Admin

Re: General Medical Licensure Questions

Postby jpowers » 08 Feb 2009, 18:03

I have a question if anyone can help me. I resigned from a residency 2.5 years ago because I was placed on probation for clinical performance issues. Now i completed a residency successfully and applied for a medical license. But the medical board has requested my file from my former residency and god knows what negative comments they made about me before I resigned. Should I be worried or consult a lawyer. Can they deny my application for a license.
jpowers

Re: can we practice in usa with only fellowship

Postby jpowers » 08 Feb 2009, 18:05

[quote="hrudaya"]if we do residency in home country and then fellowship from usa hospitals, are we elligible to practice in usa.[/quote]
Don't know
jpowers

Transitional year waiver and Licensure issues

Postby fmg photon » 23 Mar 2009, 00:20

I have matched into an advanced position in Radiation Oncology in U. Wisc. Radiation Oncology in U.S. is a five year program which includes first year of preliminary/ transitional rotation followed by four years of specific Radiation Oncology rotations. Since, I am a trained Radiation Oncologist from my home country [three year course] and also did one year of internship as a part of medical school degree, ABR has granted me a waiver from the Pg Y1 Preliminary/ transitional year requirement for the residency in Radiation Oncology. I can therefore join directly from Pg Y2.

My question is If I accept the waiver and not do the preliminary/ transitional year in the U.S. and directly join in Pg Y2, would it have any bearing on grant of Temporary educational permit and future practice license in any of the state medical boards. I plan to take my step III from boards like Connecticut which allow FMGs to take the exam without requirement of Pg Y1 like most FMGs do even before they apply for the residency match.

Thanking you in advance.
fmg photon

Previous

Return to State Medical License Issues