Peds PL1 x 2yrs with 10/11 credits

Discuss issues about your medical residency program with your peers. Violations of the 80 hr work week? Too much residency scut work? Discrimination? Bad attendings? Were your clinical decisions questioned? The perfect place to discuss & vent your problems anonymously. Network with other Residents & Fellows about Fellowship programs & opportunities .

Peds PL1 x 2yrs with 10/11 credits

Postby maria2008 » 29 Jul 2008, 19:53

Hi friends,

I have spent 2 years as PL1 in a good peds residency program. My issue was difficulty in maintaining consistency with stress. In the end I was told to resign as I had not passed one rotation and that the program could not extend beyond 2 years. I did get 10/11 credits. I have recommendation letters from the program for moving on into a new program after completing one rotation as PL1 there. I am not sure if I will be considered for a PGY2 position or I have to apply for PGY1 again. I have heard that it will be diffcult to get into a second year and even restarting as intern is going to be very diffcult. Please advise if all that I am hearing is correct and the options that I have at this time.
maria2008
0 Star Member
0 Star Member

Re: Peds PL1 x 2yrs with 10/11 credits

Postby ResidencySurvive » 02 Aug 2008, 18:16

Hi, Never resign.

If you resign you will get nothing.

But if they fire you, they have to pay you some money. NEVER RESIGN.
ResidencySurvive
0 Star Member
0 Star Member

Return to Residency Program Issues