Program director discriminations Help

Discuss issues about your medical residency program with your peers. Violations of the 80 hr work week? Too much residency scut work? Discrimination? Bad attendings? Were your clinical decisions questioned? The perfect place to discuss & vent your problems anonymously. Network with other Residents & Fellows about Fellowship programs & opportunities .

Program director discriminations Help

Postby zara4 » 26 Jun 2008, 12:52

I have a problem with the former program director she didn’t like me at the first please she made to repeat PGY1 now I am in PGYII she is drive me crazy by telling me
I can’t speak English!!! She is a facility now but she is chasing me
She post my language issue every where on my evolutions
I need help I think this is discriminations to by law
I am sure about my language and my communications they are perfect
Need advices
zara4
0 Star Member
0 Star Member

Re: Program director discriminations Help

Postby robin082006 » 02 Aug 2008, 14:44

Sorry to hear that.

You are not alone, lots of IMGs have language problems.

You will improve your skill if your are confident.

The problem is that if somebody c/o your English, you may lose your confidence when you discuss with her/him and then the issue is getting worse.
robin082006
0 Star Member
0 Star Member

Re: Program director discriminations Help

Postby ResidencySurvive » 02 Aug 2008, 14:55

I am an IMG and was also complained of my English, this made me depressed and crazy. I am in the 1st month of residency, everything is new to me so I often ask again to make sure I understand clearly, this makes me in trouble. In addition, I did not know why a senior resident dislikes me and continuously tells bad evaluation behind my back. I never offense him but he always follows what I am doing and then tells PD. I lost my confidence, has sleep deprivation (I sleep 3-4 hours/day) and things getting worse as you said. Please advise. thanks
ResidencySurvive
0 Star Member
0 Star Member

Return to Residency Program Issues