foreign residency program with my family

Discuss about the Residency Match process - applications, interviews, visas, medical school transcripts, residency programs, ECFMG certificate, match strategies and post-match scramble. Meet current Residents & Fellows here and network for Residency placement. Post your opinion on specific residency programs.

foreign residency program with my family

Postby mageyg » 05 Jun 2008, 01:50

hey everyone!

I'm from Poland and i would like in the future work in usa. My situation is a little bit complicated - i have a husband and little child so i dont know what are the visas matters for them and how to compromise their status in usa with my residency job.
I know that my husband and daughter can receive visa as my family but i would like my daughter to go to primary school there so i don't know if the law permitted. Also my husband is a Physical Therapist so wouldn't be better if we both become a medical residents in the same city so we both would have j1 or h1 visa?

Was anyone in similar situation?

I would be thankful if anyone could give me some advice,

greetings, M
mageyg
0 Star Member
0 Star Member

Re: foreign residency program with my family

Postby TangoMe » 08 Jul 2008, 14:53

If you reside in the usa, ur kid gets to go to school for free.

Physical therapy job is easy to find provided he passes the equivalent exaam and gets licensed here.

If I were you, I would first secure a residency spot and then go from there instead of worrying about it backwards - that doesnt make much sense in the competitive world here.
TangoMe
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Return to Residency Matching - NRMP, ERAS & IMG Forum